Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How long should you cook a 25 lb turkey?
Turkey Cooking Times and Temperatures
A 25-pound turkey would take approximately 5 hours and 30 minutes to cook until done — when a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast and thigh registers 165 F, according to the University of Minnesota Extension.
How long do you cook a 24lb stuffed turkey?
How Long to Cook a Stuffed Turkey
- For 10- to 12-pound turkey, roast 3¼ hours to 3½ hours.
- For 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast 3½ to 4 hours.
- For 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast 4 to 4¼ hours.
- For 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast 4¼ to 4¾ hours.
- For 20- to 24-pound turkey, roast 4¾ to 5¼ hours.
How long do you cook a 24 pound turkey in a convection oven?
How long do I cook a turkey in a convection oven?
- 12-15 pounds, 1.5-2 hours.
- 15-20 pounds, 2-2.5 hours.
- 20-25 pounds, 2.5-3 hours.
How long do you cook a turkey at 350 degrees?
Calculate turkey cooking time and temperature. The simplest way to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that’s about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-lb. turkey), or 15 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
While some recipes state that turkey should be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit, the meat is safe to consume once it reaches the 165-degree mark. Cooking the breasts past 165 can result in dry meat, but the dark meat can be cooked to 180.
How long should a turkey rest for?
Turkeys between 4-6kg should be rested for 1½ hours, and ones from 6-10kg can rest for two hours. Get your turkey out of the fridge 30 minutes before you cook it. You’ll get less shrinkage when it goes into a hot oven.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. …
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. …
- Brine the turkey. …
- Rub soft butter under the skin. …
- Truss loosely, or not at all. …
- Roast the turkey upside down at first. …
- Don’t overcook it. …
- Let the turkey rest before carving.
How long does a turkey take to cook at 325?
For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours. For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours. For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
How long should a turkey rest before carving?
The amount of resting time depends on the size of the bird, but at least 20 minutes is needed. A large bird can wait up to 40 minutes or longer, depending on the temperature of the room.