How do I cook two turkeys in the oven?
Rub the outside of each turkey with the soft butter, then place in a large roasting pan. Tie the ends of the turkey legs together with trussing string. Transfer the turkeys to the oven and roast until a meat thermometer reads 160°F, about 2 1/2 hours.
How do you cook 2 turkeys for Thanksgiving?
So if you have two 12-pound turkeys, you’ll roast the required time as if you only had one, which is 2¾ to 3 hours at 325°F. And don’t forget your thermometer ($15, Target)! Your turkey is done when it registers 175°F in the thigh and 165°F in the breast.
How long does it take to cook two 15 pound turkeys?
10. Calculate turkey cooking time and temperature. The simplest way to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that’s about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-lb. turkey), or 15 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
Is it better to buy 2 small turkeys or one big one?
Choose a small, fresh turkey in the 14-pound-and-under category. Large turkeys take longer to cook, making the outer meat likely to overcook and dry out before the interior meat is cooked. If you’re feeding more than 12 people, buy two small turkeys rather than one big one.
How do I roast 2 turkey breasts at the same time?
How to Roast Two Turkey Breasts at the Same Time
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the two turkey breasts in a baking pan with the meat side up. …
- Roast the turkey breasts based on the weight of the larger breast, but add 15 minutes to the total cooking time.
Can you cook chicken and turkey together in the oven?
Absolutely not a problem. As long as they are both fully cooked. Absolutely not a problem. As long as they are both fully cooked.
Can you cook two turkey breasts in the same pan?
Select breasts that are similar in size so they’ll be done at roughly the same time if you want to cook more than one for the guests at your holiday table. If you’re cooking more than one turkey breast in a roasting pan, make sure there’s room between the breasts so that hot air can circulate on all sides.
Can you brine two turkeys together?
Brining Turkey Breasts:
When you are brining two turkey breasts, do not add their weights together. If one breast is 5 pounds and one is 7 then brine both breasts for a total of 5-6 hours.
Is a bigger turkey tougher?
With a big turkey, you start running into some big problems. It takes longer to thaw if it’s frozen and then exponentially longer to cook. Plus, it tends to cook less evenly, leaving you with a platter of dry meat. These turkeys are also harder to maneuver, flip, carry, carve, and just about everything else.
What is the best size turkey to cook?
When choosing a turkey to serve on Thanksgiving, figure 1 1/2 pounds per person. If you are serving 10 people on Thanksgiving, choose a bird that is 15 to 20 pounds. Smaller birds that weigh less than 12 pounds have a smaller meat-to-bone ratio, so figure two pounds per person.
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. …
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. …
- Brine the turkey. …
- Rub soft butter under the skin. …
- Truss loosely, or not at all. …
- Roast the turkey upside down at first. …
- Don’t overcook it. …
- Let the turkey rest before carving.