Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
Does it take to cook an 11 pound turkey?
The rule of thumb for cooking a turkey is 13 minutes per pound.
How long do you cook a 11 lb Butterball turkey?
For an unstuffed turkey, Butterball recommended:
- 6-10 pounds: 1½ -2 hours.
- 10-18 pounds: 2-2½ hours.
- 18-22 pounds: 2½-3 hours.
- 22-24 pounds: 3-3½ hours.
How long does it take to cook a 11 lb turkey at 325?
Always determine doneness with a temperature check. Your meat thermometer ($15, Target) should register 175°F in the thigh muscle. For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours. For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
Should you wash your turkey?
Wash Hands and Surfaces; not the Turkey
According to the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service, washing raw poultry, beef, pork, lamb, or veal before cooking it is not recommended. Bacteria in raw meat and poultry juices can be spread to other foods, utensils, and surfaces.
How long does it take to cook a 10lb turkey?
How Long to Cook Your Turkey
- 10-pound turkey: about 2 hours 10 minutes.
- 12-pound turkey: about 2 hours 36 minutes.
- 14-pound turkey: about 3 hours 2 minutes.
- 16-pound turkey: about 3 hours 28 minutes.
- 18-pound turkey: about 3 hours 54 minutes.
- 20-pound turkey: about 4 hours 20 minutes.
Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
While some recipes state that turkey should be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit, the meat is safe to consume once it reaches the 165-degree mark. Cooking the breasts past 165 can result in dry meat, but the dark meat can be cooked to 180.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. …
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. …
- Brine the turkey. …
- Rub soft butter under the skin. …
- Truss loosely, or not at all. …
- Roast the turkey upside down at first. …
- Don’t overcook it. …
- Let the turkey rest before carving.
How long does it take to cook a 12 pound Butterball turkey?
Your turkey is done when meat thermometer reaches 180° F in thigh and 165° F in center of stuffing. Lift turkey onto platter and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. 7-9 lbs. / 4-4 1/2 hrs. 9-12 lbs. / 4 1/2-5 hrs.
How long do I cook a 10 pound turkey at 325 degrees?
Roast in a 325°F oven for 2-1/4 hours. Remove foil; cut band of skin or string between drumsticks so thighs cook evenly. Continue roasting for 30 to 45 minutes more (1 to 1-1/4 hours if stuffed), or until the thermometer registers 180°F; and the center of the stuffing (if using) is 165°F.
Does Butterball turkey have butter in it?
In fact, there is no actual butter in or on a Butterball turkey. The fresh turkeys are injected with a basting solution made of salt water and “common household spices,” one brand representative told me.