How do you cook rice in a Pampered Chef rice cooker?
- Combine 1 cup (250 mL) of uncooked white rice and 2 cups (500 mL) of water in the 3-qt. (3-L) Micro-Cooker®.
- Microwave on HIGH for 12–15 minutes, or until cooked.
- Let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
How long does it take to cook rice in a microwave rice cooker?
How to Cook Rice in Microwave Rice Cooker
- Microwave at 70% power or medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes for white rice and 18 to 20 minutes for brown rice.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes in the warm appliance, then carefully remove the rice from microwave with hot pads or oven mitts.
How do I cook 1 cup of rice in the microwave?
- Scoop the rice into the microwave-safe container or pot. Fill the pot with water and swish the water and rice with your hands. …
- Add 2 1/4 cups water. Cover with lid.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes at full power. Microwave 15 minutes at 50% power.
Why is microwave rice bad?
How does reheated rice cause food poisoning? Uncooked rice can contain spores of Bacillus cereus, bacteria that can cause food poisoning. The spores can survive when rice is cooked. … These bacteria will multiply and may produce toxins (poisons) that cause vomiting or diarrhoea.
How much water do you put in a Pampered Chef steamer?
Place 3 tbsp. water in the Micro-Cooker and place lid on the Cooker. Microwave on high for 5 minutes for 1 potato or 10 minutes for 2 potatoes, depending on the size of the potatoes. Great with the steamed veggies below!
How much water do I use for 2 cups of rice?
The Perfect Rice To Water Ratio. The water to rice ratio you should use will vary depending on various factors. However, if in doubt, a good rule of thumb when cooking rice on the stove is one and a half cups of water per cup of rice. This means that for two cups of rice, you would use three cups of water.
How long should you cook rice?
Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in rice and salt and return to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until rice is tender and has absorbed all the liquid, 16 to 18 minutes (check only toward the end of cooking time).