How long should you grill a sirloin steak?
For the perfect medium-rare top sirloin steak, grill for 9-12 minutes for a 1-inch steak, and 12-15 minutes for a 1½ inch steak, turning about 1 minute before the halfway point. A meat thermometer should read 130°F.
How long do you cook a sirloin steak on each side?
Sirloin steak cooking times
- Blue: 1 min each side.
- Rare: 1½ mins per side.
- Medium rare: 2 mins per side.
- Medium: About 2¼ mins per side.
- Well-done steak: Cook for about 4-5 mins each side, depending on thickness.
How long do you grill a sirloin steak on a gas grill?
Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150 degrees F).
What temperature should sirloin steak be cooked to?
Cooking Instructions: Top Sirloin
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- In skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium-high heat until almost smoking.
- Sear steaks 2 minutes on each side.
- Roast in oven 6 – 8 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
How long does it take to cook a 1 inch steak?
A 1-inch sirloin generally takes about 4-5 minutes on each side for medium rare doneness or 5-6 minutes for a medium steak doneness.
What temperature do you cook sirloin steaks on a gas grill?
The best gas grill temperature for 1.5 Inch steak is between 110°F to 120°F, and it should be cooked for about 3 minutes per side. The temperature range above is for rare filet mignon steaks. However, ribeye or sirloin steaks should be grilled between 130°F to 140°F for 6 minutes per side.